We understand that the reason you have insurance is to protect yourself against certain risks that may cause a financial loss. And, we also understand that claiming is part of that process. So, while it is important to understand what cover you have, it is even more vital that you understand the claims process.
While we are here to answer each and every question you may have around this element, we have put together an easy step-by-step guide on the various types of claims. We don’t expect you to know the ins and outs of claiming (that is our job) but in order to take the confusion and bewilderment out of the situation, take note of these steps.
For your ease of reference, we have split these steps into two:
NON-MOTOR CLAIM PROCESS
MOTOR CLAIM PROCESS
- Contact STP as soon as you are aware of the incident
- Complete the required documentation as soon as you can and send to STP
- For emergency assistance, phone STP Assist on +27 0860 759 848
- Report the incident to the police and obtain the case reference number
STP Motor Accident Claim Form
STP Motor Theft Claim Form
Please take photos of the following:
- Damage to the vehicle
- The number plates of all vehicles involved
- The licence disk of all vehicles involved
- A loss adjustor is assigned to inspect the validity of the claim and final costings
Note that every claim starts off the same way, but due to the nature of some elements, there are differences.